You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Hei Matau is carved in the shape of a stylised fishhook. It represents strength, prosperity, fertility, good luck and safe travel over water.
It’s meaning originated from the Maori legend of Maui who once caught a great fish using only a woven line and hook made from the jawbone of his grandmother. This fish is now said to be the North Island of New Zealand, known as ‘Te Ika a Maui’. Maori would often wear the Hei Matau for practical purposes so that it was not lost while fishing. Eventually, the hook worn around the neck became a good luck charm while fishing and voyaging across water.
- Approximate size: 35 mm(1.38″) by 18 mm(0.71″)
- Carved From Chinese Jade
- Hung On An Adjustable Length Cord 420 mm(16.5″) -600 mm (23.6″)
- Comes With Jewelry Box, Polishing Cleaning Cloth.
- Item Pictured Is The One You’ll Receive
The wearer of the Hei Matau is seen as a provider and protector who is strong-willed and determined to succeed in life. It is now worn as a symbol of power, authority, good health and abundance.
|Delivery Options||Delivery Time||Cost(USD)||Courier Service|
|Standard(Tracked)||7-15 Business Days||FREE||DHL eCommerce|
|Upgrade(Tracked)||4-5 Business Days||$49||DHL Express|
We offer FREE shipping on all orders within Worldwide.
- Our orders are sent via courier service provided by DHL eCommerce or DHL Express depends on the area.
- Please refer to the DHL eCommerce and DHL Express website our delivery timeframes for normal service.
DHL Express: https://mydhlplus.dhl.com/cn/en/home.html#/getQuoteTab
DHL eCommerce: https://www.dhl.com/cn-zh/home/our-divisions/ecommerce/customer-service/consumer-faq.html
Find out more
If you are not satisfied with your purchase let us know within 7 days of receipt of goods.
Conditions apply.Learn more